Hi, and welcome to the Stashing Yarn round up of 12 awesome free St Patrick’s Day crochet patterns and tutorials!
Being born as Irish as they come (hello – my name is Tara!) St Patrick’s Day is one of my favourite celebrations of the year. Although I never got the chance to live in Ireland myself, my entire extended family are mostly still there, and my sister and I used to spend every summer in Ireland when we were kids. I will never forget how eternally green it is there, so it makes total sense that St Patrick’s Day Crochet projects usually feature GREEN in every shade!
Ireland is also a land full of ancient lore, so Leprechauns also feature a lot in all things St Patrick’s Day. I’m showing my age here, but I remember being both awed and a bit terrified when my dad took me to see the Disney movie Darby O’Gill and the Little People as a child. Mmmmmm, to a very dapper and young Sean Connery, but YIKES, this had some serious scare factor!
So sorry, am getting distracted by young Sean Connery and childhood memories here, so let’s get on with my round up of 12 totally free and utterly gorgeous St Patrick’s Day crochet patterns and tutorials. I hope you enjoy them! Titles and images are all links to the full patterns.
12 Awesome Free St Patrick’s Day Crochet Patterns
- I love this super bright rainbow wreath with its very own pot of gold! St Patrick’s Day Wreath Pattern with Pot Of Gold by Petals To Picots
2. These would be a great, quick and easy project to work up. St Patrick’s Day Leprechaun Boot Cuffs by Intertwined Art
3. This stitch is absolutely stunning, and the leaves look just like shamrocks! Beautiful Crochet Lace Leaf Stitch Tutorial by MyPicot that looks just like a shamrock!
4. There are so many things you could do with this – sew them onto clothing, make a banner or necklace, add to granny squares – the options are endless! DIY Crochet Shamrocks for St Patrick’s Day by Sugar & Charm
5. I think I have to confess that these are my favourite out of this round up – they’re so utterly adorable!! St Patrick’s Day Shamrock Baby Booties by Hopeful Honey
6. This is another really beautiful shamrock motif that could be used in so many ways! Shamrock Motif by Dot Drake for Talking Crochet
7. How cute is this li’l guy? I’m thinking he’d bring you the luck o’ The Irish all year around! Lily Sugar N Cream Lucky Leprechaun from Yarnspirations
8. There definitely seem to be a lot of crochet hat patterns around when it comes to St Patrick’s Day Crochet projects, and this is one I thought was really cute and also beginner friendly. Lucky Crochet Top Hat by BHooked Crochet
9. Love the snuggly warmth and the different shades of green in this St Patrick’s Day Crochet scarf. Crochet Shamrock Scarf by Repeat Crafter Me
10. Another utterly adorable hat for the little leprechauns in your life! Lucky Leprechaun Hat Pattern by Micah Makes
11. Another great free crochet hat pattern here, this one adult sized – St Patrick’s Day Chapeau by Red Heart Yarns
12. It wouldn’t be St Patrick’s Day without talk of beer, so why not whip up a few of these? Leprechaun Hat Beer Cosy by You Should Craft
So, there you have it – a round up of my own very favourite St Patrick’s Day crochet patterns, projects and tutorials! I hope you have fun trying some of them out! I’m about to start making up a whole bunch of shamrock motifs and will decide what to do with them later – too many choices!